Junior Creative Director
Marketing Team · Toronto, Canada
The Junior Creative Director Intern will work on diverse creative projects for physical ecommerce brands and products.
You will be working directly with the CMO and the marketing team to help develop the aesthetic vision of our brands from product design and packaging to media presence. Great art direction sensibility is a must, as is a willingness to take on tasks that may fall outside of a traditional creative director role, in order to support the entire team. You must be well organized while constantly looking for ways to improve.
Does the above describe you? Of course not. You don’t work here… yet. We can change that. Who you are is irrelevant. What we care about is who you WILL be, when given the tools, knowledge, and agency that will enable you to succeed. We need a talented team-builder with an eye for the success that sets us apart from other eCommerce businesses. Someone who’s motivated, driven, and committed enough to live up to our customers’ sky-high expectations for timeliness, accuracy, and attention to detail. If that’s not you, save us all some time and close this window. If you’re still with us… maybe those paragraphs describe you after all.
- Agile: You’re nimble. You’re adaptable. You thrive in an environment where priorities can change in an instant.
- Creative: Your imagination has no limits. Wild ideas are proudly encouraged. You continue to master all the tools necessary to bring inspirations to life.
- Collaborative: You enjoy purposeful meetings. You value the contributions of your coworkers as much as those of your manager.
- Curious: You’re eager to learn new concepts and master new skills. There’s no useless tool in your arsenal.
- Disciplined: You never allow the details to slip, understanding that every bit of minutiae forms the bigger picture.
- Enthusiastic: You exhibit a contagious passion for providing standout work experiences.
- Innovative: You develop new approaches to complex problems.
- Perfectionist: You persist until the smallest detail has been optimized. You know nothing less than 100%.
- Persistent: You’ve never failed. You’ve only experienced speed bumps on your path to success.
- Reliable: You live up to both verbal and written agreements. You can be trusted to work effectively, without oversight.
ADVANTAGE SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Recent or 2021 Graduate with focus in art, graphic design, marketing, communications and relevant fields
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Canva & similar tools
- Develop ideas and generate designs that adhere to brand guidelines and any established brand standards, and that are consistent with creative brief, voice, and messaging
- Excellence showcase in Brand Design, Packaging Design, Digital Design
- Participate in all aspects of the design process including conceptual ideation and innovation; visual positioning imagery and mood boards; brand identity, collateral, assets, materials, signage design—including all executional considerations
- Consider the impact of not only visual design but also design thinking and the human experience
- Juggle multiple projects and understand how to determine project priorities
- Proactively check in with the team to stay aligned on project approach
- Proactively build knowledge of brands with target market considerations
- Positive contributor to the overall Tendi Company culture
PLUS SKILLS (but not required)
- Knowledge of Google Suite, Asana, Airtable
- Knowledge of Social Media Platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Tik Tok
- Knowledge of basic video editing
- Knowledge of product and lifestyle photography
- Knowledge of direct response marketing, writing sales copy, and CTA drive copy
- Knowledge of various digital marketing related topics, tools
- Knowledge of culinary arts, cooking, kitchen industry
- Unlimited coffee, tea, and snacks (We love Nespresso, let us know your favourite flavour)
- Your own desk. You can work as much as you want, whenever you want. Don’t be bound by an alarm clock!
- Opportunity to work from home and/or in the office (usually to socialize, gain momentum for motivation/inspiration)
- Flexible lunch and breaks. Need a longer lunch? Sure! Need 10 minutes for a personal call? You got it!
- Flexible vacation. If you need time off, just let us know!
- Opportunity to advance & transition into a full time role after the internship
How to Apply
1) Email us: careers ‘at’ tendicompany.com. Change the subject line to “I Want to be a ROCKSTAR Junior Creative Director”
2) At the top of your message write 2-3 few sentences on why you would like this position, and why you are a good fit.
3) Attach and/or provide URL link(s) to a portfolio, social media, shared drive, Dropbox etc that showcases your relevant talent.
4) Attach your resume.
5) OPTIONAL: Attach additional items that are outside this job scope that showcases other special talents and interests! (It helps us get to know you better and understand any hidden skills you have!)*
6) Only interested parties will be contacted via email reply with a mini task to complete.